Woohoo!.. that is right, this is our first date (without the kids) is over a year! Our friends.. John and Lori (thanks guys) watched Kevin and Cameron for us and we went out to dinner! and then came home and worked on our sacrement talks.. It was great not to have to worry about how far Kevin was going to run away or how to stop Cameron with his high pitch scream.. We went to Eskimo Joes, a very famous burger joint around here (former president Bush loves their cheese fries) I unfortunatly wasn't feeling well and didn't want more then a bite.. oh well. The Rootbeer float I had was wonderful! Oh, and when we go home to work on our talks I went to look up my last talk so I could reuse my little "meet our family introduction" and guess what... our talks are on the exact same topics that we spoke on last time... how hilarious is that... Aparently the Lord is trying to tell us we didn't learn what we should of last time.. lol. So we started to revamp them a little... but really how funny is that! Maybe I will even make it past 4 min 30 seconds this time...
Anyways the best part of the night was knowing my kids were having fun, and safe.. and when we went to pick them up... they we excited to see me! Kevin came running over saying "Mommy!" (by the way it lasted about 2 seconds until he went back to playing) and Cameron saw me and got a big grin on his face and started jumping up and down.. Lori even asked if he did this everytime he saw me... and the answer is no... he just hasn't been awayfrom me very much! (usually he thinks I am gonna take something from him or dig the dog food out of his mouth and he turns and tries to crawl away!)..lol
2 comments:
Yay! Sounds like a fun evening. If it were me, I probably would have just used the old talk :) It's always fun when your kids are excited to see you. Keep going on dates! They really are a necessity.
Yay for the date night and yay for talks that are already written!! How lucky you are! And, if it makes you feel any better, I am a short talker too (5 minutes top). I feel so bad for Jeff and Tyler :)
Post a Comment