Now I know this is the one you all have been waiting for... because well, I love snacks!
So the easiest great recipe I have snack wise is:
Cake mix cookies
1 box cake mix- (any flavor our favorite is white)
2 eggs (powdered work just find)
1/2 C. oil
Mix all together drop by tsp on to baking sheet bake at 350 for 8 min (just a little brown around the edges)
I am always trying new cake flavors with different mix-ins- butter sctoch chips, heath chips, nuts, anything really (this recipe is one of 1000 reasons why I hope to have 52 cake mixes in my food storage one day)
Chex Muddy Buddies or puppy chow (whatever you wanna call it)
9 cups chex mix
melt: 1 cup choc chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 c margarine
1 tsp vanilla
pour over chex
once good and covered pour 1 1/2 c powdered sugar over and shake well.
Best Brownies
1/2 C butter/margarine
1 C. sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 C flour
1/3 C Cocoa
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
Heat oven to 350 grease 8 or 9 inch square pan
Stir together butter sugar and Vanilla, Add eggs beat well with spoon, stir together cocoa, baking powder and salt, gradually add egg mixture, beat until well blended stir in flour, spread evenly into pan
Bake 20-25 minutes or until brownies start to pull away from sides.
They are so good... do not double the batch! it doesn't turn out the same! doesn't even need frosting!
I also gave one of my favorite snack recipes in an earlier post see here. I have plenty more including a wonderful sticky bun recipe but I figured that this would get us started... more emergency preparedness coming soon... do you have any questions or suggestions... let me know!
3 comments:
Does brownie mix work for the cake mix cookies?! I should right? I would really like to make some and only have brownie mixes in the house today... Mmmm cookies!
I've never tried it... Let me know how it turns out!
Hey there, Thanks for leaving a note on my blog. I totally remember you!!! Your family is so cute. I'm glad things are going well.
Post a Comment