Monday, August 25

3 Month Supply - Lunch ( 3/5)

So for lunch it doesn't seem probable to have 3 month supply of bread around (although it does freeze well), so I have all the stuff to make 3 months of bread, including 3lbs of yeast that I store in the freezer... on top of the bread stuff it is really easy to store the following:

Tuna, canned chicken, canned ham- the stuff you buy in the store now has 2011 or 2012 exp dates
Miricle Whip/ Mayo
Peanut butter (or other nut butters)
Jelly
Cheese (can be frozen)(for those die hard grilled cheese sandwich eaters-Tyler)
Butter(can be frozen or canned)
Canned soup
Canned/dried Fruit

Basically I have sandwiches or soup planned for lunches, but I was thinking the other day that Tortiallas store pretty well in the freezer and we could could have wraps as well. I Always think to throw in a fruit on the side- dried or canned- it will help off set nutirents you aren't getting in the event of an emergency, or loss of job or whatever else comes our way! I have been thinking that maybe I could have the stuff to make pasta salad (simply salad in a box or just noodles and italian dressing) for side dishes or even crackers for the kids- What do you think? Have anyother ideas for me? ( and bags and bags of chicken nuggets not an options-(Kevin)

2 comments:

Jen said...

This is so awesome! You can't imagine how much this helps me out! Thank you! The only thing extra I can think of (at least for my family) is honey for PB and honey sandwiches. And, the tortilla idea is good...you can make quesadillas pretty easily and even use up those refried beans by making burritos or something.

Gigi said...

I love your "supply" posts Cat. You're getting me psyched to work on more food storage!