Wednesday, August 6

lots of stuff...

So now that we have the internet, I have caught up on my unread emails, read some 100 posts in my reader...(glad to hear you are all doing so well and having so much fun!) and now I don't know what to post on my blog!.. We packed up and left the house... a lot later than we thought.. I didn't realize how much junk we had and how much was never going to fit into the uhaul... and got on the road, it was a two day drive and those were to very full days... I would say that we drove atleast 15 hours a day.. we usually didn't stop until after 2:00am, we got a lot better time once the kids were asleep and all that jazz. So we drove for two days, pulled in Oklahoma about midnight and stayed at a great friends house (thanks guys!) then we picked out which little house we would be renting the next day and unloaded the u-haul with ward members that night( thank good ness the church is wherever you go!).. and we have been unpacking ever since.. Does it ever end?!? We have been adding stuff to the D.I./ goodwill like crazy! we own far to much junk! so we have been switching out license plates, getting a new bank accounts, switching our drivers licenses, getting a P.O. box, switching electricity, water/sewer/garbage... blah blah blah, we still need to switch over health insurance but other than that we are good. We found the local wal-mart and basically make a trip everyday to try and get ourselves organized.. Did I mention I hate moving! We love it here... we miss Jerome and our friends.. (Kevin has finally stopped asking to go home and is now calling this place "my home". he even says bye bye house when we pull out of the drive way... (it made me so sad when he was having a hard time understanding we weren't going back.. and we pulled out of Jerome so late we never got to take a family picture in front of our house! Sad ;( Tyler starts work next week and classes start the week after that. I am taking an intitute class this fall for mommies.. seriously excited about that! It is a class where mommies take their kids.. screaming and all and get to go listen to institute... and it's free! This ward has some great enrichment actvities I plan on partaking of...the finish your project once a month, a bookclub and best of all, I am canning apples that me and a great friend went and picked for free!( at 7:00 in the morning might I add) I am out nothing, except time.. So Tyler will get to have his apples on his waffles and pancakes and I get to do more food storage! woohoo! oh Did I meantion that it is crazy hot hear? 109 during the day and in the 80s at night! and the bugs are mondo big buddy... we saw this spider that could have eatin me... ok so I was told it was a banana spider and harmless but it was big enought to eat me! Other than Cameron getting his 6th tooth on the 2nd of August.. its the bottom 2nd to the left.. i think.... that is all that has occured with us...But I must go.. the boys need their momma! And I think tyler wants me to do something about it!

5 comments:

Gigi said...

It's good to know you're somewhat settled. It'll be nice when everything is unpacked and put away and you can relax for a minute. Only for a minute though, because it sounds like you're already planned out for fall with institute and enrichment! Enjoy1

Jen said...

I hate moving too, other than the fact that I get more organized when we do. It seems like you guys fit is so well there already. Free Apples and Institute...that is awesome!

The Mothership said...

Yes, moving stinks. It's exciting going to a new place and new things...but all the unpacking and address/driver license/stuff is the worst.

I'm glad you made it there safe. Hope your kids adjust well!

Oh, did you end up selling your house in Jerome?

Catherine said...

nope the house hasn't sold yet, we are renting it to some friends until their house is finished being built, they are still showing it for us.. so it all worked out!

Tammy and Mark said...

Cameron is still ahead of Jacob in the tooth department. Jacob just recently (like 2 weeks)got his 5th, and his 6th is still working his way out. : )