Sunday, August 17

It's Over!

That is right, we talked in Sacrament meeting today and it is over! Whoo hoo! I think I actually made it 7 minutes! Tyler actually congratulated me during his talk for it...it's pretty horrible that neither one of us get's to here the other one's talk because both kids freak out and we end up in the foyer with screaming kids but... oh well. We did end the meeting a little short, so the Bishop had to get up and fill in some time.. I did warn him... he thanked us and said we did great! and that it was his fault, they should have had a youth speaker... oh well. I think I had a pretty good talk(for me) and I even cracked a joke....I don't know if it was funny but I will survive...and it looked like the audience did to!

So I am not sure I posted about this yet.. but we canned apples (it was a blast and they taste wonderful) Lori says she is up for anything in the kitchen and I totally believe here, she, unlike my weird husband, has no use for plain canned apples, so she made pie filling... I even brought a few home!.. they were wonderful! So our next venture in the kitchen will be pumpkin stuff...last year I made some and froze it... but I don't know if we will have the freezer space so maybe I will can it too.. who knows? Then, about the same time, we will be candying some pecans... we have a huge pecan tree in our yard and I have heard they are extra delicious.. so we are gonna try them out. Then I am guessing our next thing after that will have to be strawberries next spring? maybe?.. I don't know.... I do know that we are going to have to keep Lori's son John on retainer or something... he peeled apples for us like a crazy man.. he was so much faster then Lori or me... He said he might have to charge us $.10 and apple next year... but then he liked the apple pie so much.. that just might be his reward!

Anybody have any cool things to try out in the kitchen?.. Lori says she is up for anything.. .and I will try anything with a friend around?... let me know!

3 comments:

Tammy and Mark said...

Good job getting through your talks!

Jen said...

I've done the whole applesauce/apple pie filling last year and oh what a process! But, you've got me interested in pecans and pumpkin, please tell.

Catherine said...

I will update about the pecans and pumpkin when I figure it out...( I have never done either before) Sister Yost said she has canned pumpkin before.. I will probably be calling her to ask questions.. I want try applesauce though.. was it a lot of work? Give me info!... we tried two different apple pie filling recipes and the first one we did was so easy.. the second one was lots more work and we will probably never do that one again.