Saturday, August 23

3 Month supply- Breakfast (installment 2 of the series of 5)

So for breakfast I have things like:

Add water only pancake/waffle mix
Syrup (sugar water flavoring)
Canned apples to put on top of the waffles
All the stuff for granola



Powdered milk
Frozen/ powdered juice
Canned/frozen fruit ( have to have fruit some where)


(and yes this is the same recipe I posted earlier)

Granola

Mix:

4 cups regular oats

4 cups quick oats

½ cup wheat germ

1T. Cinnamon

½ cup chopped almonds

½ cup brown sugar

½ flaked coconut

½ cup powdered milk

½ cup honey

½ cup light corn syrup

1 ½ tsp. Vanilla

2 T. Water

Melt wet ingredients in microwave 1 min; stir halfway through.

Pour over dry mixture

mix.

Pour into two shallow baking pans and bake until lightly toasted, for chewy granola 15 minutes, for crunchy 25-30 min.

(300 degrees) Add dried cranberries or raisins… eat plain or in milk!


Breakfast for us would be a little monotonous (although we all love granola and Tyler loves pancakes and waffles)... what do you think I could add? (adding bags and bags of malt-o-meal cereal... not an option(sorry Ty)

No comments: