Tuesday, August 19

Candied pecans

So here is the recipe we will be trying out with the pecans.. I was at a former teachers house in high school (Hi Jones!) when she made these amazing pecans and well, this looks like the same recipe so we are gonna try it out... I let ya know when that time comes around..

Candied Pecans

1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup cold water
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 pound shelled pecans

Combine all ingredients in a skillet except pecans. Simmer for 4 minutes or until mixture spins small thread from spoon.

Remove from heat and stir in pecans. Continue stirring until syrup forms a sugar coating over the pecans. Gently separate nuts while cooling. Yields 1 pound.

2 comments:

Dani W said...

haha... i LOVE it you ARE hooked! Well... I have a secret weapon... go to projectfreetv.com or search project free tv and on that web site you can literally start from the very beginning. the show is in its second season starting sept 1st. It makes so much more sense if you start from the beginning... it unravels really well more like a novel i think. Anyhow... it is good!

Jen said...

Thanks for the recipe. I can't wait to use this one.