Wednesday, August 13

Questions...

So can colic leave and then come back? My 10 month old is so cranky.. all the time... I think he is tried or hungry or just wants to be held but no.. he doesn't want anything but to scream! I am gonna go crazy! And what exactly am I supposed to feed him other than crackers and bread. He has 6 teeth but isn't a year old so he can't have strawberries or peanut butter or honey or dairy or anything else yet! He is MR. Independent and doesn't want to be feed, he wants to feed himself! Well sorry bud but all the graduates food has cheese or other contraband items ( I secretly have been forgetting this point just to TRY to make him happy) He eats fruits and vegetables just fine but that last about a minute before he is hungry again! Help! What can I do to make him happy?

Well other than that, Tyler started work on Monday- he is preparing for the course he is going to be teaching starting this coming Monday. He also has his three courses he is taking himself and the research assistantship he is working on with John. Lets just say his plate is full and He is now is college mode....I'm just glad he is ready to get into it. The next four years are gonna be interesting (yes Tyler, I did say 4) I am really glad for these short work days this week (8 or so hours) so the boys could get used to him being gone longer periods of time from here on out. This summer is the most time we have ever seen him and I didn't want to shock the kids.. this way they get used to having Dad "at school" again.

I am excited about our date nights, Tyler has mentioned that he would like to go on a date twice a month and it looks like it might actually occur! We figured this week we should really grab a bite to eat and then sit down and work on our sacrement meeting talks.. yep that is right the Bishop caught us and we are speaking this Sunday on "Being insturments in the Lords hands"- anybody have any material for me?... I told the Bishop that I am lucky to make it 5 minutes up there so he should have a third speaker so Tyler doesn't have to fill the other 35 minutes (although he did do a great job last time) I wonder if he believes me?

Well I best get going... I doubt ignoring the kids is the best way to make them happy.

3 comments:

Em and Ms said...

On the food thing, our pediatrician told us she can really eat anything we do. He said don't worry about things prepared with milk or milk products, just not straight milk. We give Madelyn yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese, and even ice cream and she's never had a problem! She did have straight milk once on accident (I forgot to tell the babysitter she couldn't have it yet) and got a tummy ache, but no problem with milk products. I give her oatmeal which she loves, fruits and veggies, chicken nuggets, dry cereal, mashed potatoes, avocado, eggs, or whatever we're eating. Last night she had ravioli for dinner and loved it! Our doctor said the only things you really can't give them are honey, straight milk, and peanut butter and other than that they can have what you eat as long as it's small pieces and they don't have any allergic reactions. That was long, but hopefully it helps! Good luck!

The Mothership said...

Ditto to what Emily said. I gave Jaren strawberries when he was 6 months old. I just made sure to watch for allergies, and he never had an issue with it. If Kevin has allergies, you might want to be more careful.

One thing I thought of is that he might be way over-tired. After moving, and stress, and everything that goes along with moving, he is probably just adjusting to "new" things. Maybe he just needs a lot more sleep! You might want to check out this book:

"Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child"
I forgot the name of they guy who wrote it, but it was very helpful and informative.

Catherine said...

My prediatrician told us about that book I don't know how many times but until we moved.. my kids slept great with no issues.. now we have serious issues... as for the food thing. Kevin did have issues with food until he was 11 months old. we went to the peridatric gastroenterologist and had his scoped and everything (he grew out of it) Cameron has issues with chocolate and because he has that.. we have to be careful with all that stuff. He does eat yogurt and dairy but really I think I just must be feeding my family the wrong things to share with Cameron... he loves when we eat pasta and he loves when I make vegetables and fruits.. he eats plenty of dry cereal I just don't want to have the issues we had with Kevin.-- So thanks for the advice.. keep it coming... the last two days he has gotton a lot more sleep and I haven't been as afraid to give him oter things..