So to start off, Cameron got two new teeth! for a total of 10. I know last time I reported I said he got number 9.. but apparently that tooth was a figment of my imagination becuase it can't be found. However, he has two huge 1 year molars on top and two very swollen gums on the bottom. If I had to guess he got them within the last 2 days because the fussiness factor has been off the charts and...they are bigger then when I usually notice teeth. They are his new toys, he has his tongue hung out of his mouth or his fingers are in his mouth chewing on them at all times. Cute kid I tell ya.
Then I had week 5 today, the worst week (1 & 5 are the same) for nausea and just generally feeling like crap. They upped my nausea medicine which is nice (I hope it helps). and good news, my PETCT scan showed... nothing!... no hot spots!... a few swollen lymph nodes, scar tissue, but no cancerous metabolic activity! yeah!.. that is good, that is where I should be at this point! So we continue on with 3 more weeks of chemo, two week break, and then three weeks of radiation. Great news!
I have 4 more days of neupagen shots this week to help keep my numbers up. Friday through Monday, and the following Monday I have a pentamadine apt in the pulminary lab... I am allergic to the normal anti-pnemonia drug so I get to go inhale junk from a nebulizer. Good news it is only 10 minutes long! This will be my second and last time. (and they even give you a flavored totsie roll if you are good :)
9 comments:
Yeah!!! I'm so glad it is working and that the cancer is almost gone. We love ya and hope the week isn't too terrible with the nausea.
Great News! Congratulations! Happy Holidays!
I am so glad to hear this news. It's such a relief when things work the way they should. Great news right before Christmas!
Yea Cat!!!
Yea! I'm glad things are turning out so great!
That's wonderful news Cat! Congratulations........the best Christmas present ever. Love and Merry Christmas
Uncle Sam and Sally
Great news, Cat! I think about you often and wanted you to know that! Merry Christmas (even if you're going to not feel as good as in years past!).
Glad to hear your good news!
yay! yay! What a relief. I'm so glad all that horrible (yet heaven-sent) medicine is doing it's job! ((hugs))
Post a Comment