Wednesday, December 3
Week 3.. A
So I had my first chemo treatment this week.. and it was a VERY LONG DAY! My first appointment was at 8:00 this morning to have my PICC line put in. It is wonderful and so far I love it. She got it in on the first try. It is a catheter on the inside of my bicept and it extends up into a vein above my heart, it is like 5 feet long. The best part is there shoudn't be any more needles, they draw blood and put my chemo in through it so it will save a lot of time! From there we went to the blood draw, very easy, and then we had a while until my doctors appointment so me and Ty headed to the van for a nap, I havn't slept that good in a while. Then I went to see the doctor, saw a new fellow this time, and good news my numbers were much better. I found out that my count last week was 300 (hence, no chemo) and this week I was back to 5000. very good. but I do have to get a shot friday to keep my numbers from dropping to much again. then we went back up for chemo which was adrimycin and vinblastine again (same as week one) and then VP-16 ( a new one) which was a drip. I have to go back tomorrow for another helping of VP-16. Should be a much shorter day though. 10 hours is way to long! Oh, my potassium is low.. I need to eat more, but the rest looks great! Tomorrow will be be treatment 3B. by the way, if this doesn't make any sense, they drugged me, benedryl, I can never think strait on that stuff!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm glad things will be easier on you, and how awesome to have Tyler there for support. Better buy some bananas!
Yes, start eating. You need to take care of yourself. I am so glad the picc line went in well and that it will make things go more smoothly...no more passing out from being poked too much.
too much medical talk...can not process...;)
I'm glad to hear the picc line went smoothly. I'm sure that'll make things a bit more pleasent.
Post a Comment