Thursday, December 11

Week 4 and some other randomness..

So week four went great today, I went running from appointment to appointment, and was out in like 4 hours! Chemo was just two drugs this week and they were both push... so that means quick.. I think the thing that takes the longest is getting the dressing changed on my picc line... have to keep that thing sterile... I don't think I will ever look at Saran Wrap the same way... having to use it to take a shower is wierd... but I haven't got my picc line wet yet!.. I did hear today they are scheduling me for another PETCT scan this week or monday to see how small the cancer has gotton.. so that is cool. I am now halfway through my chemo... party!

Here are a couple of pictures of my hair... for your laughing pleasure... it cracks me up. NEVER would I have EVER cut my hair this short but I enjoy 5 minute showers and my hair being dry in no time flat.. these pictures were litterally taken 4 minutes after my shower and it is DRY!! Will I lose it all or not?.. I don't seem to be plugging the shower any more, but maybe there just isn't enough left to plug it... or maybe it is to short.. I guess we will just have to wait to see.
Here are some pictures of those christmas gifts I sent off... I know for all the Jerome people these are nothing new.. but I sure like them.. I got the 6th (6 different colors too!) one done and now I just need to get the 7th done for Christmas morning. They can spell out like 87 different things, plus my mother in law found a new one "Servants of God" and my sister in law says they spelled out their name.. I swear it is like a mind exercise to find out what you can spell.
And here is a picture of my shelf in my room, our own little family Christmas tree set up next to my blocks!.. My own little piece of home!
Other than the picture I put in my header, here are some of our Christmas pictures. Cracks me up how a three year old and a one year old can have so much on their mind while I am trying to get a picture taken.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

We just got your Christmas Card yesterday! Adorable! thanks for sharing. Can't believe how big the boys are getting! Check our blog for Christmas pics. :)

Em and Ms said...

Those are cute pictures of your family, but I totally know what you mean. As soon as the camera comes out they seem to get distracted. Cute blocks, it took me a minute to realize there were letters on more than one side! Congrats on being halfway done!

Anonymous said...

Catherine,

Love the pictures of the family. Glad to hear that you are doing great and that you are 1/2 way done. Just think, when your hair comes back - you will have some healthy locks a flowing!!! Who knows, you might just like the G.I. Jane look!! Well, wishing you guys a great Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Daphne

Dani W said...

Hey! I am so happy to hear how positive you are being about all of this... this would probably be the straw that broke the camels back for me I dont know how you do it! I am very proud of you. Keep chugging along... glad there is light at the end of the tunnel! :) Love the cute bennie you are wearing too!! :) Happy holidays and take care! :)

Dani

Jackee said...

Your hat is adorable, I love it. The Christmas pics are really cute, too. I'm so glad you are all together for now. We love you lots. Oh, and I heard one of those sets of blocks is for me, so thanks a bunch! I'll watch for it.

Rach and Clark said...

such cute Christmas pics! You're family is so cute and I love the looks on the boys' faces! HA!

Anonymous said...

Catherine,

good to see that you are doing so well. Don't they give you the clear water proof wound dressing, it is like adhesive saran wrap but it comes in various sizes so that you only cover the picc. It works better then trying to cover it with saran wrap.

I have a pattern book of chemo hats, what colors you like maybe we can get some of your friends up here to get together and make you one for everyday.

Catherine said...

I'm not picky!

whitney said...

That is some short hair! I've always wanted to pixie my hair (but will definitely never have the guts to do it), so I'm super-impressed at your shortness. It looks really cute! Love the Christmas blocks too. I'm sure they're hours of endless fun.