Wednesday, October 8

Woohoo!

Well for some real news... my surgeon called Stanford and found out that we have all they need to get me in the program out there... so... I have my first appointment in two weeks! I still may need a biopsy, but they will decide when I get there... so I could be having treatment in as soon as three weeks! So we are gonna leave on Monday or Tuesday and take a while to get out there... We will probably stop by and see some family in Provo (all of me and Tyler's brothers live in Provo).. and then head our way out there to get settled. Hopefully we will be back sooner than later so Tyler can get back to his PhD...

8 comments:

Riggs Familia said...

I've been thinkin about ya. Way to hang in there...patience is a virtue right,?! ahh!

Good luck with all the driving!!! Hope everything goes well, thanks for keeping me informed. My prayers are for you!

whitney said...

Oh my heavens-how did I not know about this, Catherine!?! (((hugs))) If you need anything at all while you're getting ready to go, let me know. I'm so sorry. I love your optimism and humor-you're such an inspiration to me.

Tammy and Mark said...

If you guys need to stay the night, you are welcome at our house. We have a double and a single bed set up down stairs, and I also have a port-a-crib for the baby. I do hope we get to see you guys! Love ya lots. Good luck getting ready for your BIG trip! : )

Kristi said...

You're AWESOME, Cat!! You have ALL this stuff going on in you're life and you take the time to respond to ME. Thanks!!! I've been keeping up on your blog, but never know what to say. We wish you the best in medicine and doctors, and also in spirits (which you probably may only need occasionally!!!) Chris and I think of you often and will keep you in our prayers!

Em and Ms said...

I've been thinking about you a lot, and praying for you too! I can't imagine going through all that you are, at such a young age and with your young family, but you have such a great attitude about it all. You're a fighter and I'm sure you'll come through this okay. That's great that things are coming together for you too. Keep updating us!

Jackee said...

Catherine, we are so sorry you have to go through all of this. We love you so much and you are continually in our thoughts and prayers. Adam, Derek, & Ashlee joined us in a fast for you. I am glad you plan to stop in Provo. Of course, you are always welcome here, too, but Mark and Tammy do have a nice setup. Hopefully ours will be done soon. Just let us know when you'll be here so we can try to clear our schedules and get to see you. Love you lots!

Jen said...

YOu've definitely been the center of our thoughts here in our house. We also put you on the Twin Falls temple prayer roll, which I am sure several people around here have done already! Anyway, keep up the great attitudy. It helps me to know that you are doing okay. Take care and know that we love you.

Robinson said...

I stumbled across your blog today through other Pasco people and I am sorry to hear the bad news. I am currently living in the Bay Area and used to live in Palo Alto. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help your family while in California. You will be under the best care at Stanford. Combined with your positive outlook you will definately get through this. Best Wishes & Prayers-Kristin Rodriguez