Thursday, October 2
Update..
So, we are in the waiting game again. I went and visited the surgeon on Tuesday and he wants to have a PET/CT scan so they can see where else the cancer is. The small needle biopsy seems to have the cancer cells of Hodkins Lymphoma but they like to see a whole node with it to be sure. So this PET/CT scan is basically them shotting me with radioactive sugar and then watching how the cells in my body use them (cancer cells use sugars faster-by the way I find this stuff very interesting) So after this test we will see where else the cancer is in my body, (and be able to tell me what stage I am in) and maybe see if they want to biopsy something else. We are looking into different places to do treatment.. here, in California and in Washington- (California and Washington to see if we could stay with family so the boys will be ok while I don't feel well) My appointment for the PET/CT is next tuesday morning. So we are waiting until next tuseday to see, oh and we should have the results to that test next wednesday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Gosh! I am so sorry! ~I hope you'll be able to be closer to family. Take each day one step at a time. Have you listened to that song 'One step at a time?' i really like it. It's by Jordin Sparks
IF, you have cancer anywhere else, RIGHT? I have to say I like the Huntsman Cancer Institute at University of Utah, but it would probably be a good idea to be in California or Washington, I have to agree with that! Good luck with that PET scan, let us know how it goes! We love you guys!!!
Catherine, you are definitely in our prayers right now. I'll keep checking your blog to stay updated. Know we love you and your family and think of you often.
Erica, Scott, Chase and Sajay
Hey you two. I just wanted to let you know that you are in our prayers - daily.
We love you.
Linda and Ron (Jeff's parental unit)
Cat, I haven't visited your blog in a while and reading this news has my mind going non-stop! I wish I were there to hug you, although I think it would be more for me than for you.
We love you and your family and will keep you in our prayers.
Please know too that you are always in my thoughts.
Post a Comment