Wednesday, October 22

Standford apt...

So we just got back from Standford, I have Stage 2A (favorable) hodgkins lymphoma... I will be having a biopsy next Wednesday and will start 8 weeks of chemo the next week. I will take chemo once a week except for two of the weeks I will have it twice. Chances are I will loose my hair..lol. After the chemo is over I will have radiation. I am supposed to remember that this is curable and that the goal is to have me back to as good as new by this time next year. After chemo and radiation and I am found "clean" I am considered to be in remission until it comes back, or I hit 5 years at which time I am considered "cured"... so we have a goal= 5 years. FYI, this shouldn't do anything to my fertility, but we are not supposed to get pregnant for 2 years... which was in our plans anyways... but I sure do hate it when people make my decisions for me...(stubborn, bigheaded.. I know, but really...) Anyways... that is all I we know now.. I am planing on taking a class about managing life with chemo soon, it will be good to get details like what I should and shouldn't eat and why I can't be around animals (thank goodness, for this purpose my kids are not considered animals) ... thanks for the prayers! Although the treatment won't be pretty, the unknown is the hard part!.. and now we know.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely understand about the forced wait on pregnancy. When Tammy was doing her PUVA therapy for her cancer it was the same thing...no baby! Jake was worth the wait though. Good luck with all of this! We luv ya!

Jackee said...

Good luck with the Chemo, Catherine. I know it will be hard. However, knowing you, no one will know because you are always so positive and upbeat. That is one of the many things I love about you. You are awesome and will be in our prayers. I'm glad you have a lot of help there. We love you lots.

Em and Ms said...

I agree, not knowing is so frustrating. Now you can plan somewhat at least. I love your positive attitude. You really are inspiring. Good luck with chemo--and I'm sure you'll look great bald :) Just think--no more blow drying!

James and Lauren said...

i keep praying for you girl! I so wish you were closer so we coudl take care of yoU! But you ar ein good hands it sounds like! Love you!

The Mothership said...

I'm glad you got some more definitive answers and a plan. I know you will do great with everything. You're in my prayers!

Dani W said...

I have been out of the loop for a while but I just wanted to tell you ... that you are in my prayers! I hope all goes well and I wish you and your family the best of luck! :)

Kelsey said...

Hope everything goes well. Just know that I'll be thinking about you. You're handling this all too well.

Jen said...

You'll make a beautiful baldie:) That was such a reassuring post. I hope this year passes quickly for you and that in 5 years you will be cured. Love ya!

Tyler said...

Obviously you'll be cured from cancer, but as you're still stuck with me, I don't know that you're really "cured". I love you and I miss you tons. Love love...

Anonymous said...

Bring on the cutsie hats and bandanas. Hey, I saw you pull it off at girl's camp...bandanas suit you. ;) Everyone's been asking what we can do to help. So, what can we do to help? Let us know. THanks for keeping us posted. Loves, hugs and prayers!

Gigi said...

Just checking in. I'm glad to hear that you have some news. You're all in our prayers and we love you.