Tuesday, February 26

Watch out! 3000 lbs driven down the road!

note** originally we only had 3000 but orders were added so we ended up with 4000 pounds of stuff!!
Today was one big step on the way to finishing an idea that has been in the works for months! We decided that we were going to "bring the cannery to the ward" so we went to the cannery today with everyone's orders and brought back over 3000 lbs of food; yes 3000 lbs! I couldn't believe it. But, that was only one step... today we got the food, Thursday and Saturday we can it. That is right, we went and got all the cans, 500 of them, and all the lids and other stuff. It was a trailer full plus my 4-runner plus Jamie's SUV... holy wow! I am going to have to take pictures of the trailer to show you exactly how much food that really is. One step closer to getting my family and about 20 others closer to our food storage goals. It feels good! Now if only I had any cell phone minutes after taking all the orders I'd call someone and tell them about it.

1 comment:

Tammy and Mark said...

Talk about a wide-load!