yep, it was a very long weekend. Cameron got sick (vomit, diarrhea) Friday night, Tyler and Kevin got it Saturday night and I was lucky enough to get is Sunday morning.. oh what a fun weekend. Tyler was nice enough to stay home and help us all begin to feel better on Monday.. plus I don't think he wanted to give it to his students, this wonderful little "flu bug" that we had. So we went through a lot of laundry and since have gone through a lot of lysol wipes, disinfecting is a must after that!...
But really I think we are all better now. ready to move on, go for our family walks again, play outside and get our garden growing. We all planted our seeds for family home evening, at least the ones you can plant inside. The ones that we can plant outside have to wait until we get the giant tumble weeds out of the garden. Turns out you can't leave a garden full of plants when you leave for 7 months and think that anything but weeds are going to be there when you get back..:). But we have big plans for our garden this year. Lots more plants, including Tylers very own blueberry plant anad we are going to try grapes again this year!.. Lots of work ahead of us getting all those dead weeds out and we are watching the weather close for some warm days.. we did get one 60 degree day in last week... it was wonderful!
oh and also on that 60 degree day we were the lucky recipients of a bike.. a neighbor (that i had never met before) rode by with his two kids and their brand new bikes from the school auction, he said that they were giving away a trike and a bike and wondered if we could use one, which was so funny becuase just a few days before I had thought about how Kevins legs were just a little too long (ok... a lot long) for his trike but that he would have to wait for his birthday in September. When he told me about it, he said that one of the training wheels was missing and I thought... training whells are cheap compared to buying a bike.. no big deal!.. but when they brought it over they had found the missing training wheel. The back wheel needs pumped up and it isn't new but Kevin doesn't care.. how cool is that! The funniest part was how Cameron ran over to Kevins ol trike the second Kevin got on the bike... he had been eye ballin it all along...I thank that mystery neigbor for the kind act that he did.. I wonder if he has any clue how much that ment to me (and Kevin, and Cameron)
I sure wish there were more 60 degree days to get out and pull some weeds, and let the kids run around the back yard, they sure do sleep alot better after playing outside. :)
1 comment:
That's great he got a new bike! Now he can ride just like Jordan.
Post a Comment