Was the day that someone said "I think you have lymphoma, or more Hodgkins lymphoma..." yep it was my baby's 1st birthday, it was a Friday morning and I first freeked out to my Dad on the phone becuase I couldn't get a hold of Tyler, Then later after my 20 minute freek out, I spent the rest of the day as planned, taking my son with best friend/neighbor and rest of the family to Target to get these great pics... The next day was Saturday, and I was headed to this yearly gathering that I look forward to for the next 364 days of the year, It was wonderful! The theme of the night was Hope, as I listened to the nights speakers and sang the songs I was wrapped in warm arms and I had hope that everything was gonna be ok. More than a few tears were shed, but it is really nothing new, I was among my sisters, and no one really even notices tears there. I remember at the dinner before not really knowing anybody but having the bishops wife walk up to me and give me a hug, look me in the eyes and offer support, there is nothing better than that!
Again tonight I headed with my Sisters to the gathering and listened to something that was so different and yet so the same... The message was uplifting and was of happier words.. I loved it. So as I look back on the difference between Cameron's last year birthday and this one, I keep hoping, that things will continue on in a positive manner, I thank the Lord for all that he has given me. Just to mention a few, my kids, my husband, my health, a job that pays the bills, a roof over my head and Sisters (that although not biological) that love me anyways... Thanks girls, your the best!
3 comments:
I'm so grateful you are my sister, Catherine! I love you and I'm so glad things are going well. We will keep praying that they continue!
You're always so positive, Catherine! Thank heavens for Relief Society...I'll never understand why everyone doesn't love a built-in automatic female support system.
We sure do love you!
Post a Comment