Thursday, November 6

Is that possible?

Yep it is possible, I didn't know it could be, but it happened. I couldn't start Chemo today, because they are out of one of the drugs I need for treatment, One that starts with a V, I don't remember which one it was but it is a nation wide shortage. It was funny, I went in had my blood work done, waited in the waiting room for like 2 hours and then when through the information stage with the fellow, then when he left to go get my doctor, he came back and said there was bad news that he and Dr. Advani had just been informed that there was none of this "v" drug. So we did get great infomation about side effects, how many drugs I will be on when and stuff but no Chemo today ( I actually am more than Ok with this) They are hoping they will get more in soon, So I could start next wednesday or the wednesday after that. If I am unable to get in next week, they want to take a new PET scan (they want it within a month of when I start treatment, this delay would put me over a month) So really we are just waiting again... (Don't worry this is such a slow growing cancer that I am not in any more danger.. cure rate will still be the same next week or the week after)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's still a bummer to have to wait. Vincristine or vinblastine perhaps?

Catherine said...

It's between Velban or Vincristine, (both of them are part of my regimin I just don't remember which one has the shortage)