Wednesday, November 26
Week 3?... not
So we went in early today becuase I had some (what I call) severe swelling in my right knee, not knowing if it was infection, they wanted to see me before I went in for my pic line. Well it doesn't look like it infected, they don't know why it would be so swollen but when they did my blood they found... issues. My white blood count it to low to do chemo this week, Neutrapenia, it is from my first week of chemo, which I also get weeks 3,5, and 7 so it looks like I will have to give myself shots on those weeks to boost white blood cell production. Me shots?!? So good news, I don't have chemo on Christmas anymore, and I will get to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow! Bad news, I am at a higher risk for infections and chemo will last a week longer. Before we left I went and had a ultrasound of my knee to check for blood clots, none found, but I am supposed to stay off of my knee but not become imobile (i know, funny) anyways, it if funny to be at a learning hospital, my ultrasound was done by a resident learning the ropes of the ultrasound machine.... she was a lot of fun to watch find different veins and arteries...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm sorry you got thrown off your schedule, but at least you get to enjoy the holidays. I hope they are able to take care of the swelling issues. We love ya! Happy Thanksgiving.
Hope you had a great holiday. I'm sure you're counting down the days until Tyler is there! Woo hoo! Take care and keep up that positive attitude. You're amazing.
Post a Comment