Sunday, June 22

Needed: icecream recipies

So me and Tyler are on a hunt for the best homemade ice cream recipe. We are in in charge of making some ice cream for the Wardle reunion this summer and we have already tried two of them, (Ben and Jerry's is pretty good) anybody have any great ones? I made homemade mini waffle cones to put on top and we are planning on getting cookies and candy for toppings, cherries, chocolate, snickers, etc. So if any of you have any great recipes let me know.. and we will try them out!

6 comments:

Dani W said...

Thank you for commenting! Made me
feel special! lol. I was just about
to hit the sheets and saw that I
already had myself a comment...
looks like someone does love me! YAY
Speaking of ben and jerry... see we
actually have one here in saratoga...
the actual ice cream store... very
nice! I myself don't have any
recipes but I had an ice cream the
other day that had pop rocks in it!
called it firecracker ice cream...
pretty neat! I also liked a homemade peach ice cream a lady in my ward made... she just used peach yogurt for the flavor. Good luck!

D

Jen said...

Your homemade waffle cones sound wonderful and I think you'll need to share the recipe with me. Can you just cook about anything?! I think I am going to start calling you Martha Stewart. Um, I don't have a particular recipe, but do know that the more fattening the ice cream is, the yummier it tastes. Use heavy cream!

And, thanks for the extra sweet comment on my blog...definitely made me feel more confident with my new hair style!

Catherine said...

Nope, I can't cook worth a lick. We cooked a lot this weekend and I litterally burnt the granola, messed up doubling the icecream, messed up doubling the waffle cones, and almost messed up the homeade bread. But it was still fun and I learned a lot. The bread recipe is Karen Millers and the waffle cone recipe is Jen Willes'. The secret to looking like you can cook is 1. Variety 2. Ask for any recipe you ever come across, you can learn something from every recipe you get, even if you never use it! So have you tried to make the Granola yet?

Jen said...

Yes, I have tried the granola and it is great. My kids snack on it through out the day too, which is nice compared to fruit snacks. I was wondering if I could post this recipe on my blog. Let me know!

Also, have you ever considered posting recipes, information about food storage etc.,. There is such a need for that type of stuff and you KNOW so much. You can tell that I am already nervous to lose you.

Catherine said...

Your welcome to post the recipie on your blog...(glad your kids like it.. it is very filling) and I would love to post info on my blog about the whole food storage thing, just let me know what to post. Feel free to ask me questions and I can answer away! I just don't know what kind of stuff to put on there.

Jen said...

Are you not back yet? I heard you have a new hair style. I can't wait to see pictures!

Okay, for your first "emergency preparedness" quest...I need to know what to do with strawberries (besides the usual freezer jam). Can you just freeze strawberries, or do they get mushy? Any recipes I should try?