So this past week was the first week of Kevins swim lessons...He did great. One day he was the only kid that showed up in any of the classes because it was so cold! but he got in (so did I!) and we went swimming, all over the pool.. (come on, no one else was there!) but one day he was sitting on the side of the pool, kicking his feet in the water and his instructor (Hi Dani!) said you wanna jump to me? then proceeded to tell him to wait until she got to him, well I think he has stopped listening by then because I heard Splash! and when I looked down I see Kevin kicking as hard as he could to get back to the surface in 4 foot water... He came out and was fine he hadn't swallowed any water or anything... Brave kid! Scared me to death, I think I took 2 years off my life :) Other than that he kicks, uses his arms every once in a while and even talks to the fishes (blows bubbles) he likes to jump off the side (usually once he has distracted me into looking the other direction) he doesn't really care to go under water but is working on it. Everyday, he asks to swim in the water in the pool, about a thousand times.
So we had to go pick up our Dog, Oso at my parents house where he had spent the last week. He is a totally different dog, he is so calm now, Kevin can't even get him to go crazy now... I am kinda sad we are getting rid of him now... (don't tell Ty) So we drove to Washinton Friday morning and went sailing on my Dads much bigger newer boat.. it was so much fun!! the boys both did great (until they got hungry). But we got pictures (post later) and basically hung out all afternoon. Saturday my Dad and Tyler spent the day taking the boat out of the water so my Dad could get some work done on it before they take it out to the San Juans. Sunday was a very nice relaxed Fathers day, we had a big breakfast and then the "dads" took naps and we left for home in the late afternoon, it was a very great day spent with the family!
Happy Fathers Day to both Granpa's and Tyler, Hope you enjoyed your day! And thanks for all you have done and do for us!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment