Monday, June 9

What a weekend!

So it all started with 2 hours of sleep thurdsay night, that is right we stayed up late packing and then got out of town about 4:30am to get to Salt Lake but I have to say we were a light load. We didn't have Kevin, He went with Uncle Ken to Wahsington to visit Grandma and Grandpa. But I will get to that later. Me Tyler and Cameron had a long day of flights on Friday and ended up in Oklahoma City about 5:00 that evening, got the remtal car and drove another hour to Perkins... our soon to be home... It was a long day to say the least. We then got in the car (thanks to Lori for babysitting) and went driving around town to see what houses were on the market that we had been staring at over the internet for months. We were to be up te next morning and spend the whole day house hunting with the realtor and we wanted to see what we were in for. On Saturday, the first half of the day we spent looking in Perkins, small town outside of Stillwater (where the college actually is) the second half was spent in Stillwater. We saw one that smelled like smoke (that means a lot of painting and cleaning to be done) one that was cute but didn't have a garage cause they had turned it into a 4th bedroom, a few (4) that all had the exact same floor plan and one that was in the country on 3/4 of an acre, that was gorgeouse but out of our price range... Tyler wanted it. Then in Stillwater we saw some really pretty, newer houses that we would love to own but they weren't in the right ward. Then we saw some that werein the right ward. So Me and Ty sat down and picked our top 3. Two of them are in Perkins and the othe one is in Stillwater. All in the true ward ;) We had a blast other than looking for houses, for one I got semi used to the humidity (I am gonna go through a lot of water taking 3 showers a day) We played with our friend John and Lori, and their kids, ate icecream, checked out the local eateries (Braums) I also ate Sonic (which I have yet to do in Jerome) the 1st sonic ever is still in Stillwater, and I even got a a language lesson in Oklahoman, I don't think I will every be able to pronounce there town names correctly. So the last night we were there I again got 2 hours of sleep. We stayed up laughing and talking until like 1am and had to get up at 3:30 to get to the airport on time. All in all Cameron travelled well, slept alot on the planes, was a lot of fun to pay attention to while I didn't have to worry if Kevin was runing away or not.( I had forgotten how easy life was with one kid) As for Kevin, we had brought the webcam and laptop so we could get on and say Hi to him, everytime we called him, my parents asked if he wanted to talk to us he said no and continued on playing. He didn't miss us at all! Grandma even started to potty train, the grandma way, everytime he would go peepee on the potty she would get him a toy, something I just don't have the budget or the stomache to do at home. He is going on the toilet really well he just won't go Number 2 on the toilet yet (not even for grandma) But Saturday night we finally did see him on the webcam and that only lasted a couple of minutes until he decieded he would rather go take a bath. He was perfectly fine with out us! Which really was nice not to worry about him but really, he could have missed me a little! So I realize that all this came out really sporatic but that is really how it was, it was so much fun, as me and Tyler drove back we talked aobut how we can't wait to move and get on with it! I think school will be hard and that I will always wish to see Tyler more than I get to but it really willl be a very exciting ride! Well I better go, Cameron is needing his Mommy (atleast one of my kids still needs Mom)

1 comment:

Em and Ms said...

I remember our weekend blitz to look at apartments down here. Sounds like a busy time! I'm glad you found some houses you like though, good luck with that and moving. It is exciting to start somewhere new, and it's nice you already have friends there! Grandmas are the greatest.