Thursday, April 10

Research

So I have been doing some research (I don't go into anything unprepared) The US gets on average 1200 tornadoes a year, 1/3 of them are in tornado alley which includes northern Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Nebraska. (part of Colorado and Iowa too) Tornado season (the months with the most torndos) are April, May, June and some include July.

a interesting note** The garage door is a big deal, reinforce your gagarge door and your more likley to keep the roof on your house!

More research to come later!

2 comments:

John H. Curry said...

It's not that bad. I've lived in OK most of my life, and I've only had to hit the shelter probably five times. And with all of those, I've never been anywhere where there was any damage to the house, much less a direct hit.

The closest we came was a week ago, but if I'm being honest, it was a big storm, and I was a little *apprehensive*.

But seriously, these storms are just blizzards in weather that's too warm for snow.

Jen said...

Yes, I tagged you...sorry about misspelling your name! I have a niece named Katherine with a K and I always spell it like that now. I've actually been in a tornado (the one that was on temple square) and it was the most scariest thing ever. Though, I am sure you will be more prepared than most people, so don't worry too much. You'll be safe!