Friday, June 12

Adventures is couponing... & 72 hour packs.

So we are under a flash flood watch starting tomorrow morning and going through Monday. So the first thing I did was go get my 72 hours kits... small problem.. most of our food had expired, last month I went through and changed out the boys clothes so they would fit but I didn't touch the food. So we headed to Twin to find some dehydrated food packets, We hit Winco, which is the cheapest price I have found so far for Mountain House packets. Still expensive but light weight and filling. Plus I found a fold flat stove, light weight that we can boil our water for our packets. We tried to find a poncho for Kevin, he outgrew his old one so it became Camerons, no one had them, stilll looking.

While I was stocking up on the kit stuff I also found some good deals and used my first coupons (our ward is teaching people how to use coupons to supplement our food storage) So I got $2.00 off a bottle of A-1 steak sauce that was origianlly $2.49, plus I got a $.55 coupon off my next bottle of A-1. Plus I bought one got one free of Easy Mac.. (wonderful stuff, but I refuse to pay full price).

Also on the good news front, we are going camping next week! We are so excited to take the boys out, use our tent, sleep on the ground, All that jazz, one slight problem, we realized we only have three sleeping bags, so now we are on the lookout for a 4th, I think the best deal we could find was a 30* for $30 bucks at Costco, but we are on the lookout.. Sure seems like we have been shopping a lot lately (a lot for us atleast) but it's all good.

Summer school started this week and lets be honest it has been nice to have Tyler go to work everyday (or the ARTECH confrence) and come home at a relativly early time. The boys have noticed him gone a lot more and Cameron is currently a daddy's boy so it has been a little tuff on him. (Kevin is too independant to care who is watching him)

Other than that you can find me in my garden staring at the plants (no joke) I am so excited to see stuff growing, and hope to see it growing a lot more soon. (maybe if the weather would start cooperating)

1 comment:

Jackee said...

We could send a sleeping bag with Mark and Tammy if you want to borrow one instead of buy one. Have fun camping. I'm glad your garden is doing well.