Sunday, May 24

So what do you do during a wind storm?

I know what I do... I run around my garden covering up my plants (at least the ones that can be covered up! The wind (according to the weather.com) is blowing 35 mpg with gusts up to 45... Which can take plants from living healthy to leafless stocks in no time flat (plus dry them out pretty good) So it was a good thing that I hadn't thrown away all my butter dishes/sour cream dishes/ and my milk jug hot caps.. I hope all the plants make it. There were a few plants that I couldn't cover (to tall or on a trelis) all my bean plants and three of my tomatoes.. good luck guys! So now you know what I do.. what do you do during a wind storm? lol


(oh, we planted all of the plants (minus the cherry tomatoes and peppers that aren't quiet big enough for the garden yet) in the garden yesterday.. it is amazing how adding all of our plants made our garden perk up! (and cleaned up the guest room) The corn still has come up yet but that is all we are waiting for...:)

3 comments:

Jackee said...

You are so funny, Cat! Be glad you don't live in Delta, the wind gusts there frequently get up to
60+ MPH.

Catherine said...

It wouldn't normally wouldn't be a big deal but I had just planted them outside the day before.... they aren't used to the Idaho winds yet...:)

The Mothership said...

I hope your garden survived! To answer your question -- we bought a house. We love it. And I planted the plants... (wink) I wouldn't let any one else do that. Tyler wouldn't have wanted to anyway, so it worked out good. :)