Tuesday, May 12
3 months
Yep. I flew out of Boise Sunday afternoon, by myself, no car seat, no strollers, no children to loose. I have to say flying is much less stressful without children (still not my favorite way to travel, but much better!) had a small layover in Portland and then flew on to San Jose, the flights weren't bad, just loud small planes. Got into San Jose and got to hang out with some family (and family of family) got to stay up late reading my book, didn't have to change any diapers or feed any body but myself (very weird... and on mothers day!) Then I made my way to Stanford Cancer Center (the smell still bugs me) I went to the blood draw (I was fasting, made it hard to get a vein) so I was stuck twice, then I went the CT scan, ok.. probably the weirdest test I have ever had (and that is saying something) they injected this iodine based stuff into the IV and it gave you a hot flash and then made you feel like you peed your pants (not a good feeling when you are laying on a table and you can't move.. oh and don't swallow!) they had to do it twice, one to get a picture of my chest the next one was of my neck, then I could finally eat! I was able to go visit some of the nurses who gave me my Chemo (the one's that REALLY take care of you) Then I meet with Dr. Hoppe my radiologist and they couldn't find any "lumps or bumps" and they read the scan it came back clear! So at this point I only need scans once a year, but I still go back every three months, nest time is a chest x-ray(no big deal) and then I will probably meet with Dr Advani (my oncologist)... Then I flew back! So, here is to another clean three months!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Congratulations! That's such great news. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip and time to yourself too. I know all too well about the iodine stuff. I got a CTA scan a year ago and you described it perfectly. So wierd.
That is wonderful, Catherine! I'm so happy all is well. I saw a thing on the news about a woman who makes humorous t-shirts for cancer patients. One said "I'm too sexy for my hair". Another said, "Of course they're fake, the real ones tried to kill me!" I thought they were cute.
Yea Cat!!! Good to hear some GOOD NEWS!!!
Yea for good news! I'll be it felt so wierd not having to take care of your kids on the plane. Having that time to yourself was nice I'll bet!
Just read your blog. Wonderful news!
Post a Comment