Thursday, February 19

Cool Stuff to share...

So I found s cool websites off of a friends blog that I follow... for those of you with pre-school age children check out this website... they have all sorts of cool stuff.. stuff to work on your kids writing skills (trace this line, write this letter) memory games, bingo games, hand eye-coordination ( cut on this line) very cool stuff.. I knew I was going to have to work now that Kevin no longer has preschool and i think i found what we are giong to do.. I printed off worksheet after worksheet and can't wait to get started.. he even saw the "dinosaour pages" that I made "Custom" for him.. Yeah!

Website = http://www.dltk-teach.com/alphabuddies/trace.htm


Also my very cool sister-in-law's ward is starting a new motivational program and I am trying it too! See you get points for doing 8 things a day that will help you grow spirtually and physically and basically become a better person (becuase you are striving for points...lol)... What I need is motivation so we will see how it goes.

1. Getting 7 hours of sleep
2. Getting 30 minutes exercise (everyday but sunday on sunday you get a "keep the sabbath day holy" point
3. water (8x8oz)
4. 3 servings of vegetables and 2 servings of fruit
5. Scripture study (does one verse count?)
6. limit: one sweet or soda
7. Am/Pm/ Personal prayers
8. a personal goal of your choice (not a to do list item) can change daily
you can earn a bonus point if you 1. had an extra 30 minutes of exersize or 2. had no sweets or soda.

So everyday you add up your points and at the end of the week you add up the days... Tryt o do better every week!

Doesn't seem hard but it would keep me accountable. I am so excited.. you let me know how you do.. and I will let you know how I do.

2 comments:

Jackee said...

Sounds like a great idea. Did you get it from Saunya? Just a guess since I see Amy and Tammy fairly regularly and Teri lives with Mom. Maybe I'll try it. Hopefully I can still exercise with this darn cold I feel coming on...

Kristi said...

Thanks for the website tip! I have Hailey in a preschool co-op- there's six moms and we rotate each week. We set up the schedule and time and then EACH enjoy five whole weeks of freedom for 2 1/2 hours- then HEADACHE for our ONE week. Ok- I think I'm the ONLY one who stresses out for my week. The other moms are more like you- FUNNER moms! Oh well, I'm learning. I'm going to do it with another group next year of JUST pre-kindergarteners. It's easier when they're more on the same level of learning. Just thought I'd mention it!!
Also- what a GREAT motiviation that you ward's doing. I just might have to start a "reward" system with some gals around here along the same lines. Thanks for sharing!