Wednesday, September 3

Why didn't anyone tell me...?

yeah that is right we are in the middle of potty training Kevin (seriously now) and lets just say it has been the biggest roller coaster of my life. Can I get off now? Yesterday he had an accident free day! but the day before that we had like 4 "accidents"! Up and then down up and then down! He loves to go "number 1" in the potty... but number 2 is a problem... guess what I don't want to clean that up!.. grrr! So yesterday.. lets focus on the positive... We went to institute, we went to Wal-Mart, we came home all in Underwear and had no accidents... woohoo! but now he is sick and doesn't want to tell Mommy.... he understands, he just is as stuborn as the rest of this family.. he doesn't want to!.... So how do we get over this "hump" of not wanting to go numer 2?... He is even staying dry during nap time.. Yeeah!... but really.. how do we get to "no accidents"???

And as a side note.. Cameron is trying to walk, falls alot but is trying, he is now crawling off of things by himslef without falling, the couch the bed...etc.. now the house is just a big jungle gym to him!

3 comments:

The Mothership said...

The only advice I have is be patient. It took Kaden about 3 or 4 months to be able to go. His problem was that he didn't want to go in the toilet, and so he would ask for a diaper. Of course I refused and could tell when he had to go. There were times when I literally held him on the toilet until he couldn't hold it in any longer. He was scared to go because "it hurt". But only because he held it in so long.

So anyway...that was really long. My point is to just keep going, and don't give up. After he's completely trained, you won't have to change diapers and you will wonder why you didn't train him sooner!

Tammy and Mark said...

One suggestion is to not make a big deal of the accidents (behavior that gets attention gets repeated...even negative attetion). Just focus on when he does it right.
Some people use candy or treats as a reward, personally I prefer stickers (with maybe a treat after every so many stickers). Stickers have less calories and are better on the teeth! Maybe 1 sticker for peeing in the potty and 2 for #2. ;)
But patience is the key.

whitney said...

If I knew, believe you me, I'd tell you. As we discussed last night, Ezra just kind of decided it was worth his time to go in the potty. Sorry I'm not much help. Good luck!