Friday, September 12

So we are in for it..

A pretty good storm is headed our way. We do happen to be under "hazardous weather outlook" but we aren't under flood warning or watches or under tornado warnings or anything from Hurricane Ike. If Hurricane Gustav had hit like expected I was supposed to see the "biggest storm of my life" but thank goodness for everybody it didn't hit as expected. Hurricane Ike on the other hand is scaring quite a few people and for good reason... It is HUGE! Thank goodness that it isn't as strong as it could be. Anyways.. my whole point is to say.. we are expecting rain.. out of all the things that could be getting us from Hurricane Ike... rain is something I think I can handle... (who knows this could be a whole different kind of rain from what I am used to) How are you doing Kelsey? I know Texas is holding their breathe to see where he will fall...

Anybody else, feeling the effects of Hurricane season?... I have really become a fan of weather.com.. and am learning quite alot about how our weather is effected by what is going on in the "upper atmosphere" Sometimes I wonder what else is going on "up there"...

2 comments:

Em and Ms said...

It's amazing how far-reaching these hurricanes can be. Who knows, maybe you'll be putting your food storage to use if your power gets knocked out or whatever. Hope everything is okay!

Kelsey said...

I actually was quite concerned yesterday but it looks like it should turn before it would come close to us. We should get some winds and rain though but nothing we haven't seen before. I did get some water for us since we didn't have any in gallons. I am definetly going to start thinking seriously about my food storage and 72hr kits! Ike has got my booty in groove!