So all this home improvement has me dreaming of my dream house... I think it is so fun to go look through floor plans! ( this is a list of things I would change about the house we are in now, as well as those things that "would be nice" as well as a few "if I won the lottery" things)
- A lot big enough for a garden and a few fruit trees with room leftover for the kids to run and play as well as the dogs!
- I like a one level house with a basement over a house with two stories.
- On the ground floor there must be a bedroom with a bathroom or two bedrooms with a bathroom, ( I don't know why but I always picture one of our parents coming to live with us when they get old... my parents deny this will ever happen, and I have never asked Tyler's parents about it.)
- I like having the idea of all the bedrooms on one floor and the rest of the stuff on another (other than the whole grandparent suite thing)
- You can not see my kitchen or my family room from the front door (deal breaker)
- I would like to have a guest room. ( that isn't the storage, catch everything else room)
- I like the kitchen, breakfast nook, family room combo, just wish they weren't all the same room divided only by flooring.
- In my mind a formal dining room (only used for Thanksgiving and Christmas)is a waste of space...
- Give me lots of windows.. I love natural light! I love covered porches!
- I want a beautiful bulb garden in the front yard!
So that is some of my wishes... what are yours?
6 comments:
Do you really want to know?
* A big lot with a shop for Johns cars and my wood. Fully fenced so the kids can run wild and the deer won't eat my garden.
* No stairs for me. When I get old and need new knees, I don't want to worry about going to the basement to do the laundry.
* Mother in law quarters are a plus.
* I want the laundry room to be on the same level as all the bedrooms. ~OR~ have a dressing room. A laundry room and giant closet for everyone in the family, or at least just the kids. it should be connected to the kids' bathroom.
* Open floor plan so that if I am in the kitchen, I can still chat with guests, and we have to have room to feed 30 people+ A high bar would be a plus to hide dishes, and serve on.
* AGREE-I would like to have a guest room. (that isn't the storage, catch everything else room)
* In my mind a formal dining room (only used for Thanksgiving and Christmas)is a waste of space...unless you turn it into a homeschool room.
*AGREE- Give me lots of windows.. I love natural light! I love covered porches!
* AGREE!!! I want a beautiful bulb garden in the front yard!
* preferably no trees, if there are some, I like the ones that hang down like willows. No fruit unless my husband commits to clean up all the rotten stuff off the ground.
*Appliances that work. I'd Like high efficiency
*John wants to be able to shoot guns off the back porch and not bother the neighbors.
* bathroom close to the kitchen
* door close to the kitchen so I don't have to carry groceries very far.
* Craft room!!!!!!!!
I agree with you on most things. As far as the house goes, I am happy with my home (I think it fits most of your criteria)and the beautiful bulbs in my front yard. I would however love to have a guest room, but I have to quit having children for that to ever happen. The one thing I would really like is a bigger lot. I hate how my berries, veggie garden and fruit trees are all so crowded so my kids have a place to play. As far as the great room goes, my sister put pillars between her family room and kitchen. It looks really nice and isn't too hard of an addition. I doubt I will ever do it, but it gives the great room a more noticable separation without actually separating them. (Does that make sense?)
By the way, it wouldn't be that hard for you to add a beautiful bulb garden...you have a south facing house that is perfect for it.
Let's see...
A big ol' garage for Spencer to work in, either that or an entirely separate shop.
I love (everyday) seperate dining rooms, but I don't want it over carpet and I'd like it fairly open to the kitchen. I guess I really don't mind a breakfast nook, but most of them around here are just sooo small, so it's unrealistic to actually use them for a dining area.
A kitchen that isn't visible from the front room is a must.
I prefer 2-story houses (if they have a basement or sub-basement too, that's ideal) over the look of one-level houses. I love the salt box look.
I need storage space. With 3 kids (and 2ish more planned) I have a lot of clothes, etc that need storing. I need a separate place to put it all.
I'd die for a master room walk-in closet and full, separate bath.
I want a nice, big backyard, preferably not too too big, but w/room for a garden and swing set, etc. Mature trees are a definite plus, although I don't know yet if I want the stress of fruit trees.
Back porch is great, especially if it's covered.
I'm sick of teeny-tiny bedrooms. I either need lots (which is rare out here) or I need them to be big enough for 2 twin-sized beds plus dressers (which is also extremely rare). I don't need them *right now* obviously, but just thinking ahead...
I love me some big ol' windows.
Ceiling fans are a major plus, especially in the bedrooms.
I would just ADORE it if I had enough rooms for a separate craft room. Probably not realistic, but one can dream, right?
Not until I'm senile! Dad
I know you could not handle OCD, even if Tyler thinks, great all my shirts will be ironed at the same time. I really do like my space. And you do too! MOM
Wishes... To be closer to our fantastic children and grand children!
House planning is exciting! I like all of the ideas that have been said. My hubby has most of the plans for our future home, my few requests so far are a side garage, a wood burning stove and a storage room beneath the house, like a bunker I guess. Then again, I'm sure when we start to build, more requests will come to mind. I really like your list. Ü Hope all is well!
Post a Comment