So I flew out for my one year apt, had my petct, blood work and doctor apt like normal, although this time, my blood work came back funny, and my scan was not as clean as we would like. My blood work came back with thyroid issues, pretreatment my number was 2.4 normal is 4 and in november my number was 11, and at this apt it was down to 5.8.. what does that all mean you ask.. I have hypothyroidism, not a big deal it runs in my family and the radiation treatment I had can cause it, just usually 30 years later instead of 1. So now I am headed to my doctor hear to figure out the dose of pill I need to take everyday for the rest of my life to get it under control. The hardest part is the sluggishness, I just can't seem to get any energy, Tyler had actually mentioned it before I went to my apt so I know it isn't all in my head... of course as soon as you know something is wrong, and you read the symptoms list, you notice all symptoms.... I now have a reason for gaining all this weight back.. HAHA!
As for the scan, my thymus gland had a high uptake, which could mean a few things, could mean the lymphoma is back, could mean I have thymus cancer, could mean I have a thymus syndrome that can happen in young people, or it could be nothing (among other things it could be I am sure) So I go back in June for another Petct for another look.
3 comments:
:( I bet that news was hard to hear. I'll keep you in my prayers until June and beyond. And, if you lack energy you can always drop your boys off here, we have 2 acres of mud they can play in!
Oh honey, I'm so sorry (((hugs)))
Here's hopin' and prayin' it's nothing huge!
Just catching up Cat. Praying things will be well for you when you go in for your June appointment. Love you!
Post a Comment